Monday, September 23, 2013

Stand in the place where you live...dooooododododo (picture heavy post)

HEY Y'ALL. Yes I'm still alive. I'm sorry it's been so long, things have been hectic and I've been a bit depressed due to the stress of it all, and thus haven't really felt like blogging. More on that in another post, maybe, but it's pretty boring and I'm fine now so why drudge it up, eh?

ANYWAY. So I have been doing this blog, and posting my gripes on Facebook, and people keep jokingly (or not so?!) saying "You are making me never want to come to London." Which I laugh at and agree with but then I was thinking...that is totally not my intention. Moving to London is frustrating and complicated and hard and a pain in the royal behind, but it's also pretty great and I am enjoying myself so far. So I have decided to do a few positive posts, starting with this one about MY HOUSE AND MY HOOD (by which I mean neighborhood, not the hood of my car or sweatshirt. Obviously.)!

So for this I just took a bunch of pictures with my iPhone (4s, still. No new iPhone yet. *sigh*) on my walk home from various directions on various days. So they are not very impressive but you should still BE impressed or at least pretend to be impressed so that I feel accomplished. Because people reading and liking and commenting positively on my blog feeds my ego and I need that to survive. NOM NOM.

So anyway, here's my walk from the tube station, and my neighborhood. The tube is called Kennington but the street signs and zip code are technically Southwark but I have been told by locals that I actually live in Camberwell. So who the hell really knows.


Community Garden:



Park (I seriously live by like, 10 parks. 4 within 2 minutes walking):




The closed-down pub that lets me know I'm ALMOST HOME!





My 3-story flat:



My kitchen!


View from my window (it was sunny!)



And my room. It's very colorful.











1 comment:

  1. You have my exact same Ikea sheets! YAY FOR KICKASS PURPLE SHEETS!

    -Steph N.

    ReplyDelete