Monday, September 23, 2013

Dumbledore's Office AKA My Library

So unbeknownst to me until about a week ago, the inspiration and filming location of Dumbledore's Office in Harry Potter is at my schools fabulous, giant library.

Here's a picture from the movie set to give you an idea:


So yeah, they apparently filmed it in the library until they decided to build a set of their own. Here's what the room looks like in real life:



It's pretty amazing! AND you can study in there. It's nice and quiet and very cool. Here's some photos of the rest of the library. It's the most massive library I've ever been in and I nearly got lost multiple times. The doors are soooo old and cool and the stairs are gorgeous, as are the windows. Also the basement is cool because it has moving bookshelves. Plus it's a library basement so it's just cool in general...reminded me a bit of Neverending Story (I know, he was in an attic).







No comments:

Post a Comment