Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Music: A change of taste.

It's really interesting to me how my music tastes have shifted since I got here. I still like all the same bands (and some new ones) and music, but what I actually choose to listen to is different.

As you all know, because I repeatedly tell you without mercy, London is very loud. It's also very busy and there are just a metric crap-ton of people everywhere, all the time. The only time I get silence is if I come home from a late night, around 11pm, or 3am, or the like. I love and cherish those quiet, near silent walks home in the dark with just the streetlights to guide my way. Sometimes I see the city foxes running through the slats in the park fences and I say hello, but at those quiet hours in my neighborhood it's like no one else exists but me...and it's so enjoyable.

But that brings me to music. When I was at home in Arizona, up until I left I was enjoying quite a bit of electronic music, dub-step and music with a much more rapid pace to it. Also lots of pop music and catchy things that you might hear on the radio. But now that I am in London, a place so busy and fast and populated, all I want to do is have a peaceful melody with which to drown out all the other sounds.

And thus, I present to you a few songs from a few artists that I have been OBSESSIVELY listening to, on repeat: Ellie Goulding, The Oh Hello's, The Civil Wars, and Birdy. (And no, I have not stopped listening to Paramore, duhhhh).

I suggest is that you play these whilst browsing the internet, or browsing photos of rainy England or something. Or just press play, take a deep breath and close your eyes. Enjoy the quiet and the serenity!


Ellie Goulding - Explosions




The Oh Hello's - The Lament of Eustace Scrubb




The Civil Wars - Devil's Backbone




Birdy - Shelter



Paramore - Future







No comments:

Post a Comment